Sunday 19 May 2013

Impulsive Sunny Singapore! (part 3)


Finally the 3rd post of the Singapore Trip! Getting a little bit bored cause I’m planning to share in only in two posts but somewhat the post got longer and longer aaaand longer and I have to divide it into 3 posts. Don’t worry, this final post will be much more shorter than before.

We spend the last day only in the Orchard Road, since my mom and dad hasn’t go there on the 2nd day and I wanted to go there to, so we prepared the whole day  to sight see Orchard Road. Unfortunately, the weather is not ok and rainy at that day so it gets very crowded inside the buildings or besides the pedestrians. It’s not comfortable at all.

And what’s worst? We barely know that in the weekend (I’ve visited this on Sunday) most of the Singaporean housemaid (from Indonesia, Philippines, and so on) all go shopping and hanging out around this area (especially Lucky Plaza) and it gets very crowded WTF. They sit around the pedestrian, talking snobly and so on makes them looks like some kind of afternoon whore around Orchard Road? Not too mention their fashion, very tight clothes, animal prints, blingy accessories. Worst sight ever. Geez. Really, really breaks down the whole image of high-end Orchard Road.

Anyway, I’m not gonna discuss about that anymore. It brings back bad memories hahaha. Here in Orchard Road we’ve visited mall by mall. Takashimaya, Paragon, Lucky Plaza (duh!), Tangs, and finally Ion Orchard. The best mall I can say is Ion. My bro bought 1 Vans shoes here, I bought 1 Forever21 shirt. This mall is not as high end as the other (sold LV, Chanel and so on which is so fucking expensive) but still is branded yet affordable such as Zara, Forever21, Vans, Uniqlo, and etc. Great place this one.

Didn’t manage to take so much photos. Photos below taken specially in a no-crowded place (which is somewhat a lil bit hard to find haha)





Photos at Ion, eating some kaya toast:


And this! Is one famous $1 dollar ice cream! It’s located before Lucky Plaza. It is very delicious you have to try! The ice somewhat very soft and not too sweet It’s perfect. (sorry for the blur photo alright)


Finished and tired from Orchard, again we had our early dinner at Whampoa, took our bags from the hotel and went straight to the airport. Had a little fun in airport! Taking photos, eat laksa (while waiting) and went to the boarding gate.

Singapore Changi Airport is so great, It looks like mall to me.



Anyway, I’ts a great trip in the end! I can’t say this is my best trip ever. I never like Singapore that much from the start. Besides it’s famous Sentosa Island, USS, Marine Sands and Gardens by the Bay, every tourist spot is quite the same. Hawker food, malls, zoo. There’s nothing much to see here. 4 days is more than enough for me, unless you still want to visit several tourist spot such as Jurong, Sentosa, The Zoo, etc. Somewhat these famous spot isn’t appealing to me hahaha. Not to mention I was in a worst flu ever during my visit to Sg so I got this annoying headache ALL the time, decreasing the enjoyment on my trip *sigh*

So, this is my detailed final total family expense for these Singapore 4 days holiday and notes about it:


I can say my family save MUCH. We ate mostly in Hawker Place, not shopping too much, just a little bit over on transportation fare but I see that is quite normal.

Some tips to travel to Singapore:
  • Most of Sg statement Buildings and famous spots eventually better be be at night such as Gardens by the Bay, Merlion Park, Esplanade, Marine Bay Sands, Singapore Flyer, even the Luge Skyride. It will be much more beautiful at night it emanates sparkling light, especially Gardens by the Bay. The Super Tree will shine so beautifully. But since my camera ISO in dark is so bad we decided to visit all of the spot at morning or noon. Too bad I can’t see all the lights. And have no stamina to travel at night (duh!)
  •  Almost all places reachable by MRT or bus, don’t worry to get lost here. Sg is a small country. Get lost and you’ll be found in no time.
  •  Bought your umbrella! It will be so hot in the noon not to mention a sudden rain can comes along after the hot passed.
  • Eat on Hawker stalls. You will find zillions of them! Hawker stalls in Sg is the best: they are mostly indoor, taste very good and clean, and most of Sg foods can be found on the Hawker stalls! Save much money, satisfy the tongue!
  • Other suggested traveling spot in Singapore: Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park, All Attraction in Sentosa Island (Marine Park, Songs by the Sea, etc), Singapore Botanical Garden, City Hall/Chijmes, Singapore Flyer, MINT Museum of Toys, Singapore River Cruise, and many other places I don’t know yet J

For overall, the trip was fun, but I think not THAT exciting due to my headache all the time and short travel time thus I couldn’t go to more places than I expected. Maybe will go to Sg again 10 years later or so for traveling in the future. Wait until they have several new travel sites to go and I will be there again, but not at this short time haha!

See you in my next post!

Nb: Oh, and here are some random (mostly food photos) that I’ve manage to take while I’m there. Enjoy!

Fried oyster with egg.

Wanton Mee.

Fishball Noodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment