Wednesday 8 May 2013

Impulsive Sunny Singapore! (part 1)

Finally another blog post about trip! I've always loved this one cause blogging about my traveling time somewhat sharing a part of my happiness too for all the readers. I intended this post not to only showing you my photos all the time I was there, but I try to be as informative as possible!

So as you already all know, reasons why I have this impulsive holiday is due to my boredom when I was in my last office last March. I’m thinking of one sweet impulsive escape with low budget to fulfill my wish before I went to Japan on October: to travel as much as I can, especially in South East Asia (since it is still reachable BASED ON MY BUDGET).

Working will really absorbs most of my time in the future and maybe I will not have this much free time anymore again to travel! I definitely wont miss this chance. Anyway, I’m going to resign for my job here in Jakarta, and I think spending my (about) 1 and a half month of my  wages on traveling is not so bad. After all, I didn't intend to be working and saving much on my first job. I’t is just like a temporary stop and one sweet short holiday seems promising.

The next question is, where to?

Honestly, Singapore is my first and final decision to go to. My reasons were simple:
  •  I really wanted to visit Universal Studios Singapore, Marina Bay Sands, and Gardens by the Bay, 3 latest big Singapore tourist attraction so far. I’ve been to Sg once but they still doesn't have these cool sites at that time, only their Sentosa Island and their super famous Merlion.



               (All pictures taken randomly from google.com)

  • I never really interested in visiting Cambodia, Philipines, Laos. I’ve been to Malaysia once, nothing much thre except the Petronas Tower. The rest is not so much different from Indonesia. I’m quite interested in Thailand and it’s Phuket, and Vietnam with it’s Halong Bay. Maybe my next wish list.
  • Goes along with my budget. I expected that the least around $650 is enough for 2 people.. However scenario changed and my mom and dad goes along and here boom my budget. *sigh*
  • I’m not too afraid of language barrier, Singaporeans speak English very well (even though they mostly use Chinese or Cantonese in their convo)
  • Singapore public transport is easy to understand, saving on my budget to transport. It’s MRT is clean, safe, and have sufficient information to tourists. Since I thought I will be traveling only with my little brother (means I’m the leader) so as long as I mastering their public transportation it’s fine BUT as you know in the end both of my parents decided to go with me I’m not using public transportation as much as I expected before..
Decision has been made, and in just one week, I ordered flight tickets (luckily Air Asia have promotion seat at that time! Even heaven supports me to have this holiday!), booked the hotel and made my own itinerary trip to Singapore.  I went there from 25 to 28 of April 2013.

After doing some research, this is my proposed itinerary and actual itinerary:



The changes on Itinerary will be explained below in each day detail trip.

I arrange this itinerary based on my interest on one place, routes and access from my hotel. As you can see below is the map of Singapore Tourist Map made by me. You can re-check all of my destinations and routes of trip. They are close to one another, and the most effective by time in my opinion.


So here we are! Finally arrived at Singapore, decided to find a place to have breakfast. My dad who has been to Sg before wanted to have breakfast at Bugis so instead of went to Changi Village (which in the end I know that nothing much to see there), we went straight to Bugis and sightsee there after breakfast.

This is around the temple near Bugis (don’t know the exact location, but walk a little bit more there goes the Bugis Street). They sold some fresh flowers there, maybe for the purpose of praying?


Moving on, to Bugis Street. My brother bought a bag there. Just go straight and we’ll find Bugis Junction, a more high-end mall here in Bugis.







Finish with Bugis, we went straight to Esplanade and Merlion Park to take photos. Since my hotels only allows us to check in around 2 p.m, we decided to hunt several photos around Merlion Park first while waiting for 2 p.m. to come.

Photos taken from Esplanade:






Esplanade at noon is very cozy and calm, really suitable to rest here or just hanging out, and there are so much trees that covers sunlight off so it’s not hot at all. Very fucking different from Merlion Park, crowded, and so hot. Having enough rest, we managed to walk across the bridge to go straight to Merlion Park. Merlion Park taken from above the bridge:



Photos taken from Merlion Park:





The best place for taking photos of course is the Merlion Park. You can take 3 Sg statement buildings from here: the Merlion, Esplanade and Marine Sands Bay.

Satisfied with all the photos taken (and the stupid sunburn), finally we check in at our hotel and take a rest until 18.00. Having no more energy to revisit Esplanade and it’s Glutton Bay, we change our direction of Dinner to Whampoa, only several minutes away walking from my hotel.  The food here is so good and very cheap! Ranged for $1 to $7 at max! Singapore is indeed the best place for finding hawker foods!



After dinner, back to hotel and recharge out energy to prepare my trip to USS tomorrow morning. 

(continued to part 2, blame it on dropped stamina. Working on this post the whole day!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment