Saturday 26 January 2013

Japan Part 4 : The Bonus Continues


(Blogger sucks!!! Some of my photos still can't be rotated even when I've already rotate it offline on my documents. *sigh*. Bear with me, alright?)

Here we are at last, arrived on my last post about my trip to Japan! Are you boring or excited?? For you who excited, that is what I expect and glad you can be as excited as I am! For those who are bored, excuse me lah but I am very excited about my trip so mind me If I'm getting so snotty and self-absorbing during my several past posts because I really want to share guys how exciting my trip in Japan last December. So bear with me for a moment, kay? After all this is gonna be my last post to about Japan.

So, where were we.
Oh right. The interview. After we are done with our interview and politely saying goodbye to all of the committee who arranged the AJE 2012, we rushed to our next destination, Shibuya. Yes, we went to Shibuya again in order to my personal request: I want to go to Parco part I, to Mugiwara Store, a place that has been my ultimate goal to go in Japan. And finally I arrived at the store. It was HEAVEN.

Lots of accessories and merchandise of One Piece:


I just want all this stickers...




Taking photos with Luffy and store plank:



After about 1 hour confused about what to buy to Indonesia, I got a towel with Luffy wanted poster in it, key chains of Pirates Logo, and 1 Thousand Sunny Miniature, for picture see here. I really wanted to say thanks and sorry for Ezra and Tiara who patiently took me and waited me to shop on my dream store. 

Really, thanks.

From Shibuya, we searched for dinner (and totally forgot we didn't have any lunch at all) and we arrived at a shop called Chikarameshi. I ordered Curry Chicken Karaage and it was so gooooood!!!


Finished with our dinner, we walk along Shibuya for about 20 minutes to go to see Harajuku. Don’t expect to see any cosplay player here, because when I went there, it was night already and on weekday. After all, I only walk alongside the shops from Omotesando, to Harajuku Streets and then Takeshita Street. Cosplayers and several strange and unique stuffs only available to be seen on Yoyogi Park (still in Harajuku) on weekdays morning until afternoon, so it is unfortunate for us because we didn't have a chance to see the unique events.

We only went for pure sightseeing here, buying several snacks from 100 yen store, and I managed to find a stocking I've always wanted from Japanese magazine. Lucky I've found them! Here are several photos I manage to take during the walk:

Omotesando:

Harajuku.. here lies lots of Japan indie brand alongside the road.


reaching Takeshita Street:



The lucky box as usually seen on manga where you can randomly pick one box for 1000yen each and after that what you'll got really depends on your luck hahahha


Finished with Shibuya, we off to Shinjuku, to Tokyo Metropolitan Tower which is famous for its sight of Tokyo from the highest point (45th floor). Eventually, i was starting to be very tired here due to long walking trip from early morning until night nonstop and more and more shopping bag added for my every purchase. However, since it was our last day here and our last chance to travel around Tokyo, I strive to keep walking and ignore the sore on my feet.

Arrived in Shinjuku:


On 45th floor, the sight was beautiful and enchanting:



Really different from Indonesia where tall buildings are mostly on the Central of Jakarta, but here, everywhere is already tall buildings and from it emanates lights that makes Tokyo such a beautiful sight at night. Didn’t regret coming here after all. And here born again one of my bucket list: coming here again with my husband in the future hahaha. Wish it will come true J

From Shinjuku, we rushed to go to Tokyo Tower, our final destination. We already rushing a little bit, because it was already getting a bit late and we have to catch up the last train unless we want to go home by taxi and go broke in an instant.

Fighting the time and the tiredness, finally after about 20 minutes in train and 15 minutes walking, we arrived in Tokyo Tower, specifically below the Tokyo Tower. The red light dominating and showing its greatness:


Taking photos again from further point:


Satisfied with the result, we finally decided to went back to hotel, took a good rest and prepare for tomorrow morning check out and departure. Actually, on the hotel I thought that I will do the packing tomorrow morning before check out on 7 a.m, but don’t know why I feel the urge to do the packing as soon as possible after arrived at my room. And my instinct was right, maybe due to the unbearable tiredness, I got up  VERY LATE at 6.45 a.m the next morning (15 minutes before check out time!) and luckily I've already do the packing, all I need to do are sealed my baggage and rushed down to the lobby. Very lucky. Hahahaha.

After taking the shuttle to the airport (sleeping on the whole trip) we arrived at airport and officially leaving Japan in the next 2 hour.

Really, for overall, this is one of the most unforgettable and exciting journey to Japan and I really look forward to go to Japan again in the future. Nomikai, new friends, discussion and debates, party, everything, will really, really miss all this moments.

Alright, since this is my last post about Japan, I would like to give some amateur tips about traveling in Japan:
  • In my opinion, it is a little bit hard in Japan to find plain drinking water unless you went to a restaurant or bring it yourself. Although there was a lot of vending machine found here, most of them selling flavored drinks and costs around 150yen and up. For you who used to drink plain water so much, better always bring your own drinking bottle.
  • Traveling in Japan is all about walking, walking and walking. Train and monorails are already so convenient and comfort here. Security is guaranteed although keep pay attention on your stuffs. Never used taxi though, it was very expensive. For example, about 10 minutes trip cost you almost about 1000yen and up. Walking and public transportation is enough, so use your most comfortable shoes.
  • Since I went there on the early winter, the cold are still bearable, however, pay attention for strong wind because it is the wind that will freeze you to death. Hyperbolic  maybe, but its so true. Most of my friends can bear the cold but once the wind blows, they go “AACCCKKKKK”. Like that. Prepare a good coat then, that are thick enough and wind resistant. It helps a lot.

Well, this is it. A short story (not very short,eh?) about my trip to Japan last December. HELL YEAH I am looking for another chance to have another trip to this blissful city. Happy to share with you all, guys!

one last photos :) 


See you again Japan!

n.b: Need a free tour guide to go to Japan?? Maybe I can be one of help even though I still am an amateur. Feel free to ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment