Monday 4 February 2013

From Thesis Defense to Faculty Graduation!

Hello again! Finally a non-Japan post everyone. Continuing my life against these Japan holiday blues.. Its tougher than before WTF. But knowing that I will be in Japan again in 13-15 next March, it excites me again. Well, to be honest, Its just only 3 days trip focusing on interview and web test though. Yes, I passed the final interview conducted on the last day of the trip and I have to do one more tests to pass all the session and officially employed. So, it is not a pure holiday trip but still, Im looking forward to it!

What I’m gonna tell you all in this post is about how grateful I am to pass my thesis defense last 15 of January and become officially a bachelor!! Congratulation to me yeah!

This whole process of searching for study case from my internship last September, dealing with some nosy managers and seniors and begging them to give whatever case to be analyzed to me, proposing topics to my campus, lots of consultations and revisions from the lecturer and the whole pain-in-the-ass documentations requirement for graduating are really paid off in the end.

SO, after proposing for final thesis defense day, I've been called on 15th January. I’m really glad and I think super lucky because all of my examiners were so kind and the whole process went on like it was no a defense but like a discussion. Viva my examiners ! I can be happy with this because I've heard several of my friends testimonies about how their examiners are very scary, mean and cornered them even as cruel as making several of my friends cried when they got out from the room!! Jeez. Lucky that wasn't happening to me.

Moreover, the whole process of consultation and revision went out fine as well. Several of my friends even get scolded or ignored by their supervisors so that they couldn't run their data and discuss well with all of these nasty supervisors. And again, lucky me I got one hell of a very, very kind lecturer that easy to meet to have a consultation/discussion and really supportive for my thesis. Phew another luckyness of me!

But on the other hand, maybe because all of the smoothness from the process, I am not as happy as I expected to be when I passed my thesis defense.. It just... happy. Yeah. Not like “Oh my God finally I passed the defense WTF I cant believe it I’m surprised @q#*$#$q@)#(*)!(@#.....” but just happy.

My friends congratulate me and surprised me with all of the attributes they have made: fake (toga), fake graduating cape and one hell of a fake graduate ribbon with the word of “Miss Japan” WTF. Of, and several balloons hahaha.



Enough taking photos, they pushed me off to the pool with several of my friends that passed their thesis defense too that day:



What an exciting day! I’m happier with all the fun in the pool rather than when I get out from my thesis defense room. Huh what can I say anymore.

Anyway,  the graduation ceremony still hasn't finished yet. Last February 3rd, we graduates have a faculty graduation ceremony, that is a one not-as-formal-as-university-graduation-ceremony but formal enough to be conducted only in my faculty.

Graduate as a cumlaude! Thank you!


Despite all of the boring sequences of the ceremony, everyone looks beautiful in their kebayas (and getting very sleepy because most of us including me already go to the saloon for makeups and updos really early in the morning WTF).  Finished with all of the ceremony, Its photo frenzy time!!







Me and my mom and dad, so happy they can come and taking photos in my campus:


The powerful quartet ever!! Love ya guys!!!


However it’s still only my faculty graduation ceremony, and there will be university graduation ceremony that I will tell you all soon. Catch up with you as soon as possible, with my new post! J

- xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment