Friday 18 January 2013

Japan Part 1 : When We Arrived, Let’s Have Some Fun!

Now come to the part that I've been waiting for: sharing about my trip to Japan! Actually, I have no idea where do I have to start to share to you guys. Too much, too much exciting moments to be told J
When it come to a (will be) long blog, I think I will divide this blog to several parts, reminded that I went to Japan for 6 days, I've got so much pictures and stories to be shared J

Actually, been busy for about 2 weeks before the departure. The visa’s application that really exhausting and thrilling since I have to wait for the invitation documents from the company from Japan itself (and not to mention the bureaucracy here, unexpected things sometimes happen, like, suddenly your visa don't pass, or else), until winter wardrobe hunting. Since I've never been to another country when its winter in season, I have no proper clothing to wear to fight the cold. I've bought some coat, shawl, and stuffs. But it’s all worth it!

Here is the full team from Indonesia for AJE 2012. Taking our first photo at Narita and yes, we get to know each other quite fast J


From left to right:
Arya (Idemitsu), Andi (Bandai), Tiara (Muji), Yosaka (Idemitsu), Azhar (Bandai), Ezra (Muji), Me (Muji), Andreas (Bandai) and Dendi (Idemitsu)... In case you all forgot that the AJE were held by 3 famous Japan companies. For full information click here.

We are from Indonesia are lucky enough to be arrived in early morning in Narita, so for the first day, It was a full day for us to travel around Tokyo. Full day free time!!

First breakfast in Japan. We had breakfast directly on the airport while waiting for the shuttle bus to arrive to pick us up to our hotel. The breakfast is quite expensive:



Introducing Hiroki, the main protagonists from Japan (He’s applying for MUJI, see the man on the right side) who had lived in Indonesia for 10 years due to his father’s work and came back to Japan about 6 years ago. He speaks Indonesian very, very fluently so we have no significant barrier to get along with each other.
And notes to you (and myself): this man played significant role here during my trip to Japan. It’s like, he was the unpaid travel guide that always forced us to go somewhere at night even though we have several tasks for the workshop on the next day have to be finished. He mostly get along with us Indonesian.

Enough with Hiroki. Move on to the next trip.

During the way to our hotel, I am amazed by Japan’s environment. Definitely, in my opinion, Indonesia cant be compared with Japan. Japan has a very developed and higher civilization than Indonesia. The regularity, hygiene, everything is set beautifully. Indonesia really, really have to work like 10000000x harder to reach this kind of civilization (a little hyperbolic but its true!) Anyway, my words cant describe, you have to see it for yourself. Even I am more amazed more and more after I travel to several famous sites in Tokyo!

This is several pictures I managed to take from the bus:





This is Disneyland.. to bad I still didn't have a chance to go there during this trip.

After checking in and storing our baggage in the hotel in Odaiba, we rushed as soon as possible to start travel around Tokyo! The first place we visited was Asakusa, the famous site for its souvenirs, big shrine and Tokyo Skytower, the highest tower in Tokyo (higher than Tokyo Tower).

We went there by monorail and train. Didn't forget to take photos J :




Had my first lunch in Japan. The BEST OYAKODON I HAVE EVER HAD. Really. For your info, I am even not in a hungry state that time, I have no appetite at all due to the tiredness from the flight but still this Oyakodon taste like heaven! Im not overstating it.


And here is Asakusa, taking photos on the front gate (It was very crowded, because it was Sunday at that time):


And then Asakusa’s Souvenir Road:



Lots, lots of souvenir to be picked! Because of that, on the first trip to Asakusa (I went there again on the last day for your information), I didnt manage to buy lots of souvenirs. Too much option, and not to mention the price that kinda high for us Indonesian (1 yen = about 120IDR). For the broad picture, small handphone strap costs about 350yen and up, small dolls and accessories costs about 500 yen until around 2500 yen.

Yes it is costly, but I am always amazed of how a Japan product were presented and packaged: for dolls/figurine there are no paint leak (colored/drawed neatly), every souvenirs packed beautifully, its attention to details and stuffs. Really, Japanese are very concerned about the packaging and details (and I think that is why the price are kinda high)

The Shrine where people can pray and have their fortune told. They pay for around 100yen or 500yen (forgot!) and get the fortune paper. I didn’t get one though, kinda afraid for what will be told and REALLY GRATEFUL with my decision at that time now ’cause when I saw several of my friends fortune, most of them didnt turn out well. Really *sigh* . Lucky I didnt buy one I could cry.


From Asakusa we went to the next site. Akihabara, the heaven of electronic gadgets and otakus. Here are some photos:



AKB48 cafe, heaven for boys. Still have no idea why people making cafe with this concept. I didnt want to discuss the concept here guys but if you are curious then just google it then!


Noticed several unique events here, there are lots of store that sells adult stuffs such as adult mangas, adult *ehm* sex toys and so on and they were completely used to this kind of stuff. Everything looks normal and (wajar) for them to go in and out to this kind of store. And there were other people that are really obsessed with anime or mangas, they dedicated their life to it reflected by so much store here selling stuffs of manga/anime.

We went to Don Quijote too, where AKB48 always perform. The building consist of several floors that sells all stuff (from food, to toys, to several stuffs that are too weird to be mentioned) and finally AKB48’s stage at the top floor. Not too mention there  is maid cafe too.


and makeup heaven for girls.. Really, Don Quijote selling random stuffs from food to shirt to accessories to whatever it is I can't describe..




Lots of One Piece action figure shown I can't resist to take photos of em..


Tired of browsing the store, waiting outside the road, buying takoyakis and hotdogs.



From Don Quijote, we were divided, several of us want to go back to hotel, and others want to go for Nomikai (means drinking, which I learned that this is some kind of Japanese culture where they usually went for drinking to celebrate something or just to have fun. Maybe in Indonesia are kinda the same with karaoke. No wonder Japanese are mostly so good at drinking). This is us who went to drink at that night:





The nomikai was so fuckin fun! Although it was a little bit expensive (2000yen per person for unlimited beer and some food)  alcohol effect are really are amusing and it was really worth it. Several of us speak retardly after some glasses WTF. Yotaro, Ezra and Viet were busted and totally drunk, really. The worst is Ezra, he puked on the toilet LOL. Luckily he gained most of his consciousness after he puked, so no significant problem on going back to hotel.

Laughing heavily at monorail on going back to hotel while (didn't forget to) take some pictures:



This is the end of the first day. Fuckin fun? Isn’t it???? Despite of a fuckin unusual cold weather and strong wind, the first day was aweeesome!!!

Since I think that this post is already long enough, I will continue the next days trip stories on several divided coming blog! Stay tuned alright! Will update this as soon as possible!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment