Saturday 4 August 2012

Once Upon A Time in Australia - Final Day

Now, this is my last post about trip to Australia. On the several last day I managed to go to Blue Mountains and to Paddy's Market to buy some souvenirs to Indonesia. Too bad I didn't take any photos at all because of craziness in shopping! I shop and I forgot, very clever girl! Anyway, Paddy's Market is still in Sydney, it is a must visit place to buy for souvenir. Now here are Blue Mountains:

#43 We went there by trains for about 2 hours. Yes, there is a direct train that took us to Blue Mountains. Back there is one of the bus that are used to take tourist to holiday sites in Blue Mountain.

After arriving, My bro take care for our trip fee in one shop near the station (I think it's about tour package to the whole Blue Mountain's holiday site, and yes, there's a fee for each person). Bus in the back shows one of the bus we can take freely after we buy the mini tour package. Each bus have its own driver that works like Tour Guide. He drives and talks. Very multi-talented it's unique. Don't forget to take Blue Mountain's Map in the shop before the trip (sometimes it was given after we pay the trip-fee).


 #44 My mom camwhoring herself in front of the bus. Nice Maaaaa! Anyway, notice my mom's outfit? It's Cotton On. Dammit that's not the point! Blue Mountain is twice as cold as Sydney, so my mom have to double-layered her clothes to keep herself warm.



#45 We first went to see the Three Sister's Place (I unfortunately forgot the name of the place) and took a long walk to see the famous Three Sister. Three Sister is the name of a rock formation. You can click this link here for some Three Sister's history.

 #46 Photos along the road to see The Three Sister. Awesome rock is awesome dude.

#47 Three Sister in the background! Actually this place is on the front of the side. We took the road to see The Three Sister more clearly. If you don't want to, It really doesn't matter. This, so far I know is the nearest I can go to see The Three Sister.

 #46 After that we went to sightsee the town itself. The view is sooooo European! Flowers everywhere and classic shops along the road. This is the most beautiful road I've seen in Australia..

 #47 See? Beau-teh-full!!!

#48 Unique shops along the sidewalk. LOVE!

#49 Finally we went to the Scenic World where we can enjoy the view of Three Sister from above the air monorail.

 #50 First we were taken to the other side of the mountain by air monorail. Look how far is it from the ground. You fall, you die such easy way. Meh. Trust me it was pretty scary to look down, howeveeer, panoramic around was so great you'll forgot you're in the air!

 
#51 Don't EVER forget to take photos. Make sure people showed the evidence you are there at that time. *trolling*

 #52 See some structure over there? 3 weird looking rock? Yes! That's the famous Three Sister guys! And yet some people hoping that Three Sister is some kind of a female-singer group though.. hahah just kidding. Actually, on this spot the Three Sister is not as clear as what I saw on the first spot (watch photos number 47).
 #53 After arrive on the other side, we took this mini-train take us down along very steep cliff to enjoy the view down there. It'll go very vertically downward its so damn surprising. What an experience though!

 #54 This monorail will take us again to the first place after we go sightseeing down the cliff (which is only some roads with some beautiful forest history sites it's quite boring).

#55 Finally! SOUVENIRSSS!!

Yeah, I think that's all I can share about my trip to Australia. So far, the places I went there is just around around Sydney: Darling Harbor, Westfield for shopping, some restaurants including Hurricane, Paddy's Market, Chinatown, Opera House, Harbor Bridge ; and a little outside Sydney: The Entrance, Cabramatta, Macquarie, Blue Mountain, Manly Beach, Bondi Beach.

In my own opinion, I think 2 weeks is enough to enjoy Australia. Why? because:
  • Most exciting site are centered in Sydney and you can get around Sydney until you bored for 1 week (even you'll start to memorize the road, believe me. Sydney is quite small),
  • Minus my trip to Cabramatta (which I think It can be skipped) and Macquarie (for my bro's grad), you can take the next 1 week to Blue Mountains and other places outside Sydney such as Melbourne, Snowy Mountain, and so on which, I unfortunately didn't have the chance to.
After you manage to maximize those 2 weeks, I think you'll miss Australia in maybe 5-6 years ahead knowing you already explore almost all of the famous holiday sites there. Time to get to other side of the world baby!

However I can't deny I miss those place already now. Maybe because I miss my bro too. 2 weeks in Australia means more than holiday to me. It bonds me again with my brother there, and It's a shame for me actually that I only dare to say this on my writings, not directly (I hope my bro will read this soon and knowing that 2 weeks there together almost made us hard to say goodbye again when me and Ma have to go back to Jakarta). OK bro, just read this, ok?

 Honestly It's kinda hard for me to fight the holiday blues too after the trip to Australia but in the end I feel satisfied! I really am waiting to have another chance to go to Australia again!

How about you? :)

n.b.: feel free to ask anything you wanna know about my trip there, but don't expect I know all the answers though. I only went there once, still.




No comments:

Post a Comment