Wednesday 1 August 2012

Once Upon A Time in Australia - Day 5 to 9

Hell yeah a day in Australia feels like only 1 hour! 2 weeks passed so fast and makes me wanna go there again! Day by day I went like, ‘oh my God it’ll be only 10 days more we’re here!’, ‘8 days left I'm gonna miss this place so bad,' 'God tomorrow we're leaving! I can’t believe it!’ to both my mom and big bro. Maybe they were getting sick of me that time. Everything are missed. Anyway, enough chit chat. Makes me missed that place much more. Let’s move on to day 5 – 8, shall we?

 #16 A Day at Hyde Park. My bro were doing some stuffs about moving to new apartment, and here I am with my mom and with my maps walking around at Hyde Park. Everything so clean, fresh air, nice environment.. Although a lil bit cold, though. That's my mom!

 #17 People plays this big chess set on the park ON THEIR RECESS TIME. We went here weekdays and arrive here maybe at 12 / 1 p.m. and see the man on the left with office attire? Yes, employee who works near the park manage to come here for a while to get some fresh air outside. Definitely not like in Indonesia, where almost all of its people are getting too used indoor.

#18 See?? My big bro graduation day! Congratulation! As a newcomer on accounting graduates, I wish you'd be salt and light :)
 #19 A goddamn beautiful field and lake behind my bro university! Envious! Very! Why Jakarta has less, or even no place like this? Why??? Everything have to be build to become buildings and there comes flood every year. WTF.

 #20 Super big pork ribs at Hurricane as a celebration party for my bro for his graduation. A must try pork ribs house in Australia. It is so big that even when me and my mom shared 1 portion of this, we still went like "OMG, I'm so full I want to puke. No more ribs for 2 years ahead". Ok maybe that's a little bit hyperbole but still, worth to try!
#21 Another near-Darling-Harbour photos. Another rely-only-on-map random walk with my mom. Saw so much couple hanging out here when the weather is good.

 #22 Westfield, a branded-shopping site in Sydney. I found that there are so many brands that aren't available in Indonesia, and worth the price too. I mean, I'm a little bit disappointed though, knowing that almost all of the goods here still made in china (which I can find it in Indonesia too) but I still I enjoy the window shopping here.

 #23 Went to Manly Beach today. From Sydney to Manly, we went on ferry which cost about $12/person for going and went back (1 package). I'm very happy that day because actually I really don't know how to get to Manly, my bro can't take us out, and we only rely on his explanation and maps and we did it!!

 #24 Manly beach. Note: the weather still cold, even there are only several locals dare to dip into the water. They just sit here and rest and play.

 #25 Randomly Australian birds photos (Hell yeah I don't know what type of bird is this but they always in sight wherever I go) I took that day.

#26 Camwhoring me and my mom on the beach! Beautiful, beautiful view back there.

 #27 Just a photo to make sure people can see the "Manly" word there and knowing I've been to Manly. Bragging level: 50 out of 100.

 #28 A small road full of shops that leads us definitely to Manly Beach from Manly Whare. Just go straight and voila! You found the beach! Why everything is so simple here.. It doesn't like Indonesia where maybe you have to go through deadly damaged roads, ojek, tough walking, winding roads and so on to visit holiday sites.
#29 Idk why but I found this menu list along this small road very tempting, yet very EXPENSIVE. Seafood platter for $60?? That's crazy! (Yea, I mean, don't blame us! Indonesia's exchange rate very weak at that time, it can reach AU$ 1 = Rp 9000 rounding to Rp 10000). Geez.


Anyway, that was day 5 - 9! I mean, I didn't divide the picture exactly on the days, but it summarizes my trip for about 4 days per blog post.

So, what do we learn today! A MAP CAN TAKE YOU WHENEVER YOU GO. But skills of reading map too.. but money too.. but.. but... but still!

I SPENT MOST OF MY TRIP INCREDIBLE THANKS TO MAP I PICKED AT AIRPORT. 

hahahaha. Thanks to me.

So, maybe if I have to share tips of today's trip (on blog):
  • Don't be afraid to go by yourself in foreign country. Now almost everybody know at least basic English, so, don't bother to ask for directions to locals.
  • Always picked several maps on airports. Sometimes they even have recommendations where to go and what to see! It is so goddamn useful, world of tourism these days..
  • Photos, photos, and photos. People forget, but (physical) evidence will remind us how great our trip were. Like me! *widesmile*
See ya on next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment