Thursday 19 May 2016

MUJI Pasta Series: Pancetta and Mushroom Cheese Cream Sauce

Out of curiosity I’ve finally tried Mujirushi Ryouhin’s pasta sauce that I have been eyeing for such a long time: the Pancetta and Mushroom Cheese Cream Sauce.

And just out of boredom, I kind of want to try to do a quick review about this, so, here I am with this post!

By the way in case that you didn’t know, Muji is considered as a Japanese retail company that sells everything from clothes to furniture, stationary to travel goods, and lots lots of other things including food! I always love their pasta series; as several of them were really nice such as the Peperoncino sauce, Americaine sauce and lots of others.

The one that I tried this time was a little bit different, as the normal series is usually consists only one package of sauce for 2 servings, this one is the reverse; 2 mixing package of sauce for one serving. It’s like the premium series I guess? Considered the price is almost doubled, 450 yen per package compared to the normal one for around 250 yen averagely. Bought it when it was on promo back then, for 432 yen.

This is the packages appearance:



And inside contains of other 2 packages: the Pancetta oil sauce for the green colored one and the cheese cream for the yellow one. (Thousand times I rotated the pic and blogger keep giving me this upside down picture!! WTF. Sorry about this..)


Poured on top of my previously prepared 100gr warm pasta before I mixed them: the left side is the cheese one and the right side is the pancetta one.


Quite surprised of how big the pork slice though! Too balanced it off they only put 3 of it. Smart move.

Mixed it up, and DONE!


Not so much change..

Judging by the looks, it was not THAT convincing either, but I have to say, I’m beat. I finished the whole plate in less than 10 minutes. Yums.

Final judgement??
.
.
.
.
.
It was great and I’m so glad I tried this!!

The combination of both sauce were great. The cheese was not as thick as I expected to be, in a good way that it didn’t make me sick of it until the last bite. The consistency is good; not too oily yet not too creamy; it was just right. The mushroom is not stale too, it was fresh and I can still feel the soft-crunchy texture of it. However!! The one big winning point that I was overwhelmed about this is that how fragrant the pork slices (pancetta) are!! I can smell and taste the roasted, slight bitter taste of the spices on the meat very clear. Was damn niiiiceee. Too bad they only put 3 of it L

It was a fulfilling (symbolically, and literally), one plate of an (instant) pasta for me.

If you’re looking for a little bit of heavy-sauced pasta and the "cheaper" version of it, I think this may be the right choice for you as usually restaurant-made heavy-sauced fancy pasta can cost me like 1000 to 1500 yen per portion here in Tokyo.

For people who are more concerned about the price though, well, it was indeed expensive for instant style pasta. But still it was something that I will recommend to at least try once just for the sake of killing the curiosity. If I have to spend another 450 yen plus for pasta sauce, I will try other flavor or brand instead of repurchasing it.

So, how’s your thought?? 


See you on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment