Thursday 12 May 2016

Lush’s Cupcake Mask and Sakura Bath Bomb Review

Hi there again!

As I promise you all before, that I will make more of beauty products review and here I am coming in with two new products that I wanted to review since last week!

First of all is the Lush’s famous chocolate-scented mask: Cupcake. 


Actually, this was my birthday present last week; my friend baited me with a very subtle question when we visit Lush’s store and he was  like “Hey If you were to try on one of the mask (displayed) here what would you like to try?” and I weightlessly said “Of course the chocolate one! Just for the sake of having chocolate all over my face LOL”. And then next week he came by and gave me this. Quite surprised but yes I’m excited. Thank you so much!

The complete ingredients and other what-nots are here, so read it beforehand so you get the full image of what’s this product is like!

I get this much for 60 grams of product:



And what I love about Lush product is that they usually (not always) put the portrait of the makers on the packaging; so I knew that my product were made by Ino-san. Thaankies!

How does it feel during usage?

Since this product should be keep refrigerated, I had a hard time to smear it off my face smoothly as so many natural flaky ingredients were there; however it was not until the point that it fall out all over, so that’s good. Note to myself to keep it outside the fridge for several minutes before application so that it will go smoother.

As for the smell, it was such a pleasant smell! I thought I will get sick of the cocoa smell as I have to leave it on my face for 10 plus minutes, however, when I use this and let it sit for several minutes, the cocoa smell is  not so strong but somehow it changed more of sandalwood smell and a slight bit of mint in the middle. Thank God it was such a refreshing (and rather masculine, I have to say) smell that all of my worries lifted in an instant.

How does it feel after usage?

As the purpose of the product is on deep cleansing and oil control, the end result was a squeaky clean feeling after washing. I don’t know how “deep” the cleansing this product can do as I’ve just use this once, however I fell my face a little bit brighter than before.

Rate and Re-purchase?

7 out of 10.

For me, I won’t repurchase it. It was purely not because of the product problem, but for me personally I love masks or products that have moisturizing effect as my skin were quite dry; for example I love this Lush Face Cleansing Angel’s on Bare Skin as it was very moisturizing (and can be used to scrub at the same time). Maybe I still can use it during summer where the weather still tolerates my dry skin.  I think this was perfect for people with oily skin or combination skin with squeaky clean end result. So, for people with a very oily skin, this maybe will be a great product for you.

______________________________________________________


Finish with the Cupcake Masks, just a quick review on the Sakura Bath Bomb! Quite excited with this one too!

This one is Japan’s spring limited edition so I think they won’t have it on the shelf anymore these days. The product itself is so pretty:



This one said to be made by Mako-san.

How does it feel during usage?

The color was not as pink as I expected it to be and it kind of turned me down as I like Lush bombs that usually gave magical colors every time; it turns a little bit to clear white but not as milky white either. It stays on the clear white color. The smell was pleasant, but again, not as strong as I expected it will be. Especially after it dissolves; I smell more of a fresh powder smell rather than the sakura itself.

How does it feel after usage?

Nice but not that “urgh so great” one. It moisturizes in an okay way but it gone when you pat dry yourself with towel. The smell, maybe, gone? I don’t know. I didn’t notice such a good smell afterwards so I conclude it must be gone without me knowing it. It  was different when I use their Karma Bubble Bath as I keep thinking of “what a great smell this product had” several times even after my bath.

Rate and Re-Purchase?

5 out of 10.

Since it was a limited edition, I think it was worth buying...once. I won’t buy this anymore and will just go to the other limited edition one or maybe the all year series one.

______________________________________________________


So...this week’s review turned out to be not a very satisfying one, I suppose? However I won’t gave up on Lush’s product as I know that they did some great sh*ts like the Angels on Bare Skin face cleansing which I’m still using right now and I believe that they had some more on their stash of products.

That’s it for today! See you on my next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment