Friday 8 March 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Review

Hello guys! This is actually my first beauty product review so I'm gonna do my best. Try to be simple as possible, less word but more descriptive :)

The main item that I want to review this time is the Revlon Colorbust Lip Butter Series. Yes, the series with the infamous Emma Stone in most of the posters.


The exact series I bought was the Creme Brulee (nude) and Cupcake (pale pink):


The color on my hand:


It's not glittery, the shine comes from the moisturizer of the lip butter, and I MEAN IT. LIP BUTTER. Here is the picture with the lipstick applied.


For overall, I like the color! especially the Creme Brulee one. It's sooooo pretty nude that really blends in with my face tone and refreshing the natural color of my lips. I'am using but kind of not using lipstick at all! It's just so fabulous. For the pink, actually I'm searching for a much paler one than this (such as Nicki Minaj's pale pink from MAC) but since MAC is so goddamn expensive for me so this one should be enough. For now :)

My pros opinion:
  • All of this time I usually avoid lipsticks cause my lip is kinda sensitive and dry, and it will get much rougher after i'm using lipstick. So usually I prefer lipgloss or lipcream instead of lipstick. However, this product is different I'm so fell in love with it! This lipstick really moisturize the lips, the so-it-say lip butter really makes this lipstick suitable for people with dry lips like me! No wonder they named it LIP BUTTER, not lipstick.
  • The scent is so candy-like, so sweet and not too strong. Having hard time resisting to not lick my lips all the time WTF.
  • Cute and simple design of the packaging.
  • Really affordable price. I bought it for 75.000IDR its so fuckin' cheap for a really great product!
  • Soft shades, even the strong-colored one, suitable for people who tried to wear lipstick for learning /  too afraid to use strong color.
  • Very cute if it's coated with clear lip gloss! Sorry, in the picture the difference is not quite much but you can see that with the clear gloss, the color will be even more softer and smooth.
  • Easy to be cleaned, even without cleaner. The color not tinted your lips after you cleaned it up.
My cons opinion:
  • Somehow the shade is very faint. To achieve color like in the picture, I have to swipe it for about 2-3 times. If you prefer strong and thick colored lipstick, don't choose this. Will be fed up with how much you have to swipe to achieve the strong color.
  • Not water proof, means very easy to be removed.
  • Not suitable for people who prefer lipstick, since it is kind of too moist I think.
Repurchase? For me, definitely. Just compare the pros and cons lah.

Ok! That is my first review! I will do another one this is so exciting!! See you again on the next review!!

- xx

No comments:

Post a Comment