Friday 1 March 2013

Chanel Makeups: 2013 Pre-Fall Paris-Edimbourg Metiers d'Art Show

Important notes:
  • this is purely a work of an amateur. every judgement / way of work does't associate with the original work itself.
  • on a makeup experiment like this, I won't state what makeup brand I am using. Its up to you guys to follow and experiment with your own makeup color and brand. (however if you want to know the details, feel free to ask me by commenting.
In this post I tried to imitate the makeups used for One of Chanel Art Fashion Show.

The example picture is the courtesy of Sandra's Closet. The illustration is MINE :


Key points:
  • flawless pale face color, 
  • barely-there grey/dark brown eye shadow (you can see on the example even you cant tell the models wearing eye shadows or not), 
  • eyeliner precision (white and black), 
  • sheer pink blush, 
  • pink to nude matte lip color and heavy lip gloss (without glitters).
My result are this (only edited the brightness, photos taken with an ordinary digital camera so please tolerate the imperfect light, ok?):



My mistake:
Everything looks strangely faint (eye shadows, blush, eyeliner, and lip color).

Actually, firstly I put thicker color than all this but I'm quite afraid to put on much color on my face since I looked at it, it was kinda over-colored compared to the example. I wiped it more or less until reaching the same shade in the example, however when I photoed it, the color looks incredibly faint! Now I see that makeups need to be thicker in reality cause when it was captured, the color will more or less become fainter in result.

in spite of all the flaws, I'm really looking forward to try another runway makeup look. I hope I'll get better and better with more practice!

See ya!

- xx

No comments:

Post a Comment