Tuesday 18 April 2017

Solo Korea Trip DAY 8 - Stroll Around Ehwa University and Back Home (plus Budget Breakdown)

Finally reaching the last post of my Solo Korea trip which is the 8th day where most of this day was spent with just strolling around Ehwa University (several stops from Hongdae Station) and moving myself back to the Incheon airport to go back home to Japan.

I have looked at several photos of the Ehwa University and area around them from websites, instagram and other people's blogs, and I expected it will be a very lavish and luxurious area, however damn I was so wrong! (or, am I?)

The only luxurious area was only the entrance to the university, the rest of it was just a normal store that sells indeed so many cheap clothes targeted on university students. Overall it was a very normal neighborhood.






The famous big pink ribbon shoe statue.


In the end Karosukil and Samcheongdong was still on my top list of great and stylish shopping environment in my opinion. After I had quick lunch on the area, I went back to my room in Hongdae, take all of my luggages and off to Incheon directly.

And with that, I officially wrap up my first solo trip to Korea last year!!

In my private and honest opinion, I can conclude several things about my trip:
  1. Korea is quite safe for a solo trip both for male or even female, however, If you travel solo, it may be quite hard for you to search for a proper place to eat that serve personal serving on each meal. Especially if you want to eat things such as meat barbecue, and other “sharing food”, they only serve starts from 2-3 people. That’s why I’m relying on fast foods, convenience store and food stalls most of the time. Save money, though.
  2. Bring at least one company to Korea. I realize that Korea will be much more enjoyable when you go with friends or families, as everything somewhat were made based on togetherness. Compared to Tokyo with bar seat for single customer in almost every store...
  3. People in Seoul was nicer towards foreigner, I feel. When I went to Busan, I got several uncomfortable treatments from locals, from simplest thing such as seats on Bus, there’s this grandma that didn’t like me for sitting beside her, and other stuff that I don’t want to talk about. Geez, chill out man.
  4. Don’t go mid summer. Just, don’t.
And finally, my budget breakdown! I won’t include my shopping, flight and staying expense here as everyone has their own preferences on those three subjects. However I will try to include all of the expenses that I spend in Korea for 8 days for 1 person, just for you to get the image.


Somehow in the end of the day I feel like I spent quite a lot too even though I feel I saved enough in several aspects (ha!). I think the major minus point for solo travel was the accommodation expense which will be your burden alone, unless you want to save more by spending the night in very budget hostel/backpackers places; which have a lot of risks being bothered by drunken roommates, and maybe bed bugs. (Happened to me when I went solo trip to Hongkong.) That’s when I learn that you better pay more for comforts rather than in the end making your traveling a big disappointing experience. And come to think of it I think that's the main reason why I don't like Hongkong as much as I like Korea now.

I bet some of you think that either I’m splurging my money too much or too tight on my budget, but I can say by that expense which I wrote above, I can enjoy my trip with no problem. It means that I didn’t have to go very strict on my food, I can buy snacks whatever I want whenever I want, and have some spares for unexpected expense that I have to take out if needed.

With this budget breakdown, I’m ending my posts of my Solo Trip to Korea this time! I hope it was enjoyable and informative, and if you want to follow my itinerary, please do! I can say I’m pretty well organized and confident with my plan as I build my itinerary based on the research of the area, which means that each day I spent must be at least on the same area, making it easier to travel to or even cheaper as you can just go walk within those range.

Kindly share this if you want to and please do tell me about your trip too if you have ever been to Korea before! The more the merrier ;)

Please click links below to see which day you want to browse! (Will update the link one by one with every new post that I’ve uploaded)

See you on the next posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment