Wednesday 15 February 2017

Solo Korea Trip DAY 1 – Myeongdong, N Seoul Tower

Continued from the previous post, my first day in Korea is literally cut to half day since the other half was spent transporting myself from Narita to Incheon to my Airbnb house. However I didn’t wait any longer as I’m very curious about this place called Myeongdong, which all shopper’s must-to-go place, and so here I am! 

Got some pictures of it too.





Actually what awed me is that:
  1. So many (cosmetic) stores that even one brand can have 2 stores at the same time in a separated yet very near area,
  2. So many food stalls to be tried, which stole my attention second after the stores haha.
Some food that I’ve tried was this Sundae (blood sausage) and Tteobokki (rice cake) sticks,



fish shaped croissant,



Ggyeranbang (Egg pancake?), and other stuff such as some rice drinks and so on that I didn’t even take picture of.



So much food that I ate it sums up my lunch and dinner.. And sorry for my misspelling on some food’s names, I don’t even know what they are till I take photos and googled it.

After finished munching and strolling around (and holding myself up to not shop right there at that spot) I decided to just walk towards N Seoul Tower which is not far away from Myeongdong area, around 15-20 minutes slow walk. To get to the top, I bought the round ticket for its railway that took me directly to the tower.


After reaching the end of the cable car (?), it was just a simple walk following the crowd until I found the road to the tower itself, and soon I saw the famous place where love locks were hanged here and there. Some of them were very creative on how they showcase their relationship with real weird stuffs.





Once I reached the N Seoul Tower, I bought the packaged ticket which consists of the tower entrance itself, additional Hello Kitty Museum and Toy Museum that temporarily available to be seen on that period. Not a real fan of Hello Kitty and Toy stuff, but went there anyway since I got the chance and time too, so why not?



Some of their display were very cute and cool though.









Quite amazed with their collection of action figures. Not my kind of tea but still, it was awesome.

Finished with the museum, its getting dark and finally went to the main spot of the day, the N Seoul tower. Here’s the famous spot to take photos of (taken after I get back down from the tower):


Scattered all over internet.

The view itself was like this:



It was nice however since it was quite foggy at that time, the view was not as clear as I expected it will be. And not trying to be rude here but I still prefer views from Tokyo Tower or Tokyo Skytree haha.

Stayed there a little bit longer for darker views.



Finish enjoying the view and contemplating about life, I finally decided to go back home after bought several snacks on the stall in Myeongdong (again) as my final dinner. 

Wrongly bought this spicy bomb chicken skin, dunno what it’s name, and it burns maan. 



Anyone know what is this?

Never again. 

Bonus photo, Myeongdong at night.



I didn’t shop at all on my first day for the sake of it was the first day (at least for me, shop at first day means zero self control), don’t want to spend my money yet, and note to myself that the earlier I shop, the harder it will took me to move to Busan later (but in the end I shop quite a bit too though..)

Well, with that chicken skin trap, I close up my first day in Korea and can’t wait to do it all over again with different itineraries the next day!

Please click links below to see which day you want to browse! (Will update the link one by one with every new post that I’ve uploaded)

See you on the next posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment