Sunday 12 February 2017

Solo Korea Trip DAY 0 – The Beginning

A quick long time no see!

I’ve promised you guys (and myself) that I will write series of my last year’s Korea solo trip which I will separate into several posts.

Since I went there for 8 days 7 nights, Maybe I will try to cover this within 8-10 posts to make this one a relaxed travel posts series. I will try to remember every single thing that I’ve experienced. However, since it was my last year’s August trip, I’m not sure if I can cover every single details of my trip. But hopefully this will be as fun and as informative as we would like it to be!


So excited for my first flight with Korean Air.

First thing first, here’s my itinerary for 8 days in Korea which covers Seoul and Busan:
  1. N Seoul Tower, Myeongdong
  2. Gyeongbokgung Palace, ate at Tosokchon Samgyetang, Samcheongdong, Bukchon Hanok Village, Changdeokgung Palace, Insadong
  3. Garden of Morning Calm, Le Petite France, Nami Island, Dongdaemun
  4. Off to Busan, Haedong Yonggung Temple, Haeundae Beach
  5. Taejeongdae, Gamcheon Cultural Village, Gwangalli Beach
  6. Centum City, back to Seoul - Hongdae
  7. Karosukil, Sinsa-dong, Myeongdong (again!)
  8.  Stroll around Ehwa University and go back home
I went with this itinerary after consulting with a friend that have lived in Seoul once; he said that 8 days 7 night only in Seoul will be very boring (And I found that it was sooo true) so I decided to include Busan on my travel itinerary. However please note that my main purpose for going to Seoul was to shop (those makeup price though… so cheap af) that’s why I’ve made several repeat visits to shopping areas to write off my shopping list. So if you won’t be shopping that much in Korea, within 8 days maybe you can go to other places beside Seoul and Busan too!

At the end of the post I will try to make lists of my expense; I hope you’ll get the image of how I spend my days in Korea for one week back then.

I remember that my first day were spent transporting myself from Narita to Incheon with morning flight, and went to my Airbnb house around Jongno. 

Incheon, yeay!


I spent quite some time in the airport, getting my pre-booked wifi-egg and trying to figure out how to buy subway card, get confused, and finally decided to just bought anything that the convenience store sells.

I read from the internet somewhere that I can get a train card with special packages for tourist, went to search for that card and it seems nobody knows about that one, finally I decided to get just the standard one in a convenience store inside the airport. Its just like this:


Me not getting the special card was kind of tolerable, since I realize that transport by train in Seoul was much cheaper than in Japan! I will try to write the details in the last post later!

So, after a long day figuring which way is which (which is the hardest part of every trip), and put my stuff at my room (it was 3 p.m at that time), I’ve decided to peek on Myeongdong, the famous shopping area; and nearby that, N Seoul Tower, since I thought the time will be just right to see beautiful sceneries on the top of the tower.

Before that, I managed to take photos of my Airbnb house! 


I picked the Korean traditional house style for the sake of the experience, and it was a great one indeed! The hosts were so kind too, and they have 2 fat cats (I didn’t take photos of them though). It was not as big as I expected it would be however it was just right for a solo short stay.

Glad with my room, I went off directly to see how my shopping spree area would be!

However just let me write the rest of my day one in Korea on the next post since this one is already too long imo…

Please click links below to see which day you want to browse! (Will update the link one by one with every new post that I’ve uploaded)

See you on the next posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment