Wednesday 9 September 2015

Giyanti Coffee and Kopium Review (Jakarta part 2)

Hi again here! Continuing from the last post, I assume this post will not gonna be as long as the previous post that I made as most of the food that I had in Jakarta, I've mostly already shared it there. 

Although this is part of the meals that I had in Jakarta during my holiday, I thought this post will gonna be mainly focused on coffee reviews, so there's the post title!

So, back to topic!

This time, I wanna share with you these 2 coffee places that I went to.

During my stay in Japan for almost two year, stylish indie-style coffee shop seems like becoming a thing in Jakarta. Everywhere in even in every hidden spot in Jakarta, if we see it enough (and search for reviews, of course..) we will found several hidden gems here and there. So me and friends finally decided to try several places during my stay.

The first one that I wanna share is this coffee shop named Kopium.

Placed hidden between old house complexes but you will definitely see it from the crowd (or, should I say, cars) right from this coffee shop front gate.



They have this kind of retro styled mini cafee with stylish mini paintings and posters here and there. It's like going back to Marilyn Monroe era kind of feeling.

And this is the interior inside. Pardon the mahjong auntie on the front.


Me and my friends here ordered several menus, such as:

Matcha Latte, friendly for non coffee drinkers.


and the next one was Piccolo on the left, and I forgot the one on the right. My friend said it's all bitter. I'm not an avid drinker of coffee so I can't explain too much about the taste, I'm sorry. But here's the appearence as a compensation! 


Me myself ordered Brulee; they roast caramel on top of the coffee foam so the final combination taste is bitter yet quite sweet. Perfect for those who can't stand the too-bitterness of coffee.


and Cheese Stick as snacks!


So far, so good. We enjoy all the talk, coffee and the food here. 

Finish with the first place, not wanting to waste more time, we directly flew to another happening coffee shop named Giyanti Coffee.

By rule, I cannot take photos inside. but, I've taken all the photos when finally I realize that I cannot take photos in it. Too bad but this girl ain't gonna delete her archive so yah, here is the interior inside!


It's definitely bigger than Kopium, and we got the second level balcony table.

Here's the view from the second floor balcony. It's quite crowded to be honest for a coffee shop that's quite hidden from the main street. 


Our order was this:
 
Cold and Hot Ice Moccha on the top and bottom, plus 2 Piccolo (again!) on the middle. 


I thought the moccha here will be the sweet one like they sell in supermarket or Starbucks. but its so different. It's the real bitter moccha!! Its damn purely nice, in my opinion.

and then my friend said the Piccolo here taste better than the one in Kopium too. I don't really understand the different though.. but I thought it is worth to try.

This place, top rated. 

We also ordered the brownie and the chicken pie as snacks.



Nice combination for moccha and coffee. Both tast awesome. Yums. Definitely will go here again If I have time in the future.

My short journey to these two coffee shops is definitely worth it. I don't know when will this coffee booming will end soon but I'm quite glad here in Indonesia they use this chance to explore more about their own coffee style and develop it more in depth to produce this unique taste. Not like in Japan though.. they mostly rely only on Starbucks. Also knowing that Indonesia is one of the top coffee producer, I hope this culture will stay on developing. Proud to be Indonesian!

But still, I can't be a super coffee drinker; my stomach can't take it. (too bad!)

Well, and thats the end of my (coffee appearance) review.

I'm sorry I didnt have enough clever words to pick and describe, but I hope my post will be useful even just a little bit. 

See you on next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment