Thursday 1 January 2015

What Have I Done Last Year???

In the last day of 2014, what i have done these year? Try to rewind back, I think quite much, compared to my previous 21 year of my life. From trip to work, from tears to joy, it all blended to a wonderful 2014. Some have photos some don’t, SORRY.
  • Went to Kyoto and done several of my bucket list, visit Fushimi Inari Taisha and Arashiyama Bamboo forest.




  •  Went Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea, a place that I’ve been longing to go since forever.



  • Went to art exhibition for the first time in my life. Quite sad, but  Andy Warhol Exhibition for first timer? Not bad.  
  • Went to Kamakura, from-Tokyo-closer version of Kyoto. Saw the big Buddha statue there.


  • Went to aquarium (small tokyo sea world, something like that) by myself, and learn that taking time for ourself is very important.


  • Have a proper Hanami, sakura watching for the first time.


  • Have experienced to work on 2 different stores in one company (getting transferred, and getting better) compared to my colleagues which most of them havent been transferred, yet.
  • Taking my hobbies into quite a serious level, studying nail art. Entering the nail school this year March and pay every penny of the fee by my own money
  • Took Nailist level 3 qualification and passed.


  • Been offered to work as a nailist in Dubai, but rejected it since i was unexperienced, penniless (how can I pay for all the moving cost??), and still love Japan.
  • Financially independent, I can say. Pay from rent, food, bills everything my myself. No money from my parents anymore. For me, i think it’s quite an achievement.
  • Experience the saddest day of my life: because of work, something went wrong, went home crying right from station to my apartment, sit on the floor cry and cry until I fell asleep. 
  • Experience the happiest day of my life: meet my parents again on August, euphoria after Disneysea, passing my nail exam.
  • Experience touching, feeling the snow falling for the first time. It was fun, but the cleaning? Ugh.


  • Experience several nomikai (drinking party), bonenkai (year end party), sobetsukai (farewell party) with my local friends here in Japan. Drank all the alcohols!!




  • Experience home-sickness. A bad one.
  • Experience the worst birthday ever: Cannot meet my parents and best friends in Jakarta, no cake, got scolded very badly by my manager on my birthday, and nobody in office know my birthday. Cry at home. My birthday just goes by like that. But I still have my parents and my other 4 soul mates in Jakarta and 1 person here in japan which remember my birthday, which is very nice, thank you.
  • Ate raw horse meat for the first time. Not as eww as I thought it will be.
  •  Ate the best grilled squid ever in my life.


  • Brought my first branded and the most expensive lipstick and coat ever in my life. And learn that even money can’t buy style, how expensive your clothes or makeup is.
  • Took level 2 Japanese Language Certification. Dunno pass or not though. But still, I get the experience.
  •  Learn how important it is to have close friends that can support each other in the lowest point of time.
  • Learn that how much money u can make by your work, if it’s not your passion, everything is not worth it. Happiness can’t be brought by money.
  • Learn and know what I want to do from now on. 2015 time to make a move.

Usually Im not a person that are very fond of making this kind of brag list and then posted it on public moreover, but somewhat my 2014 was the hardest part of my life (you know,  since one day sad memories can swipe all 100 days of happiness, some kind of like that..) so I try to make this lists about what I have done that I were proud of in 2014 or something that I have achieved that I saw can make my 2014 better. And it works!!

Instead of being drowned by this uneasy feeling of passing 2014 with tears, I know that my 2014 somewhat are not so bad J grateful for everything that have happened to me, and making me a better prepared version for 2015.


I hope 2015 can be a better year for all of us! Happy New Year 2015!!

No comments:

Post a Comment