Wednesday 1 May 2019

What a Way to Teach Me About Gratitude

Last Saturday, was a little bit unforgettable for me.

A day where I've planned to do soo much including doing makeups for my practice and portfolios, turned into a hectic journey to the hospital.

There I went last Saturday, happily reaching up the cupboard to take 1 bowl for my breakfast and BAM! One of the ceramic bowl slipped and hit my feet, right above my thumb.

At first I thought it will be just a regular bruise, but then I realize NO NO NOOO it was not a normal injury, it feels like being stabbed and I can't move my thumb at all. Not too mention the cut were so deep it created a "hole" on my feet and it bleeds all over the cut. Gross.


Above were zoomed out photos for less disturbing image (at the hospital).

Decided to go to hospital, and guess what?? The bowl apparently managed to make a clean cut of my tendon above my thumb that it requires surgery to reattach them again. That explains the numbness of my thumb and why I can't move my thumb at all. I've decided to do the surgery on the same day, had my FIRST surgery ever, had my FIRST anesthesia ever (daamn that sleeping drug knocked me out in a sec), and slept one day at the hospital for the sake of insurance reimbursement. What. A. Weekend.


After surgery.


After burrito-ed.


So here I am now.. with post surgery burrito and walking sticks for the next 2 weeks.

HAHAHA.

Life's a joke.

Anyhow, with this unfortunate events, I was reminded to be grateful everyday of my life, as now, even doing the simplest thing as walking requires much effort to do so. It reminds me of how I took my life for granted everyday, without me even knowing it. Even something as simple as breathing are being given for free to us, yet somehow we forget to give thanks for it. Why always count for what we didn't have and not be grateful for what we already have?

At least there's the good thing that I can get from this accident.

I'll update you guys next week or so to have a brief look for the stitches, cuz it will be quite cool, with the stitch mark and all, in my opinion. First stitch mark, yaay.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment