Tuesday 28 March 2017

Solo Korea Trip DAY 4 – Off to Busan, Haedong Yonggung Temple, Haeundae Beach

Welcome back to my Korea post series! And without further ado, let's get going ~~

My decision to visit Busan when I'm in Korea was planned however I didn’t get to stack up my itineraries for it beforehand. I booked my KTX ticket just the night before, hence I struggled quite much on the Seoul station, where I have to print out the tickets and search for printing stores nearby.


I took some time on the train to plan my trip, and here comes my itinerary for day 4, 5 and 6. It was a rather slow moving pace compared to the one in Seoul since I didn’t know for sure where to go in Busan except on the day 5, when I really want to visit this cultural village that I always have my eye on.

I remember my train take off around 9.30 and I reached Busan around 1 I think. 


From there I took the subway again to my next Airbnb host’s house in Haeundae area, reached the place around 3 p.m.

Busan is calmer in a way that the road is much bigger, higher buildings here and there compared to Seoul where every area is quite dense with smaller houses surrounded with bustling sound of people and cars. It was a nice place to get out from all the busy pace of Seoul for a moment.

The area where I stayed were quite overwhelming, in a good way!


Busantopia.



I didn’t manage to visit much on my first day in Busan; I only went to 2 places which is Haedong Yonggung Temple and Haeundae Beach. As for the transportation, I mostly use bus when I'm there. It was quite convenient to use subway for several main city spots, however I found that for tourist famous spots, most of them have to be reached by bus.

After resting a bit in my room and put away all of my stuffs, I went directly for my highlight of the day spot which is the temple that I found to be very unique as it faces the ocean directly, and of course, by bus (which I forgot the route already).

Even though the entrance to the temple were a little bit far away from the main road, I knew that I'm on the right track since the road to the main temple were full of statues.





After passing several stairs and walk a little bit to the tip of the cliff, finally I can see what I called as the "postcard spot":






So many scattered little cute disciples!




Based on the websites I found, it was recommended to  go to this temple at night or early morning to see the sunrise or sunset; but I found that the view during the day from the top of the temple was breathtaking too.


Purely satisfied.

I only stay on that place until 6 p.m and decided to off to Haeundae Beach as it was getting late. 

After my visit to Gwangalli Beach on the next day later, I can say personally I liked Haeundae much more than Gwangalli since Haeundae was not as crowded as Gwangalli.





There are people having performances alongside the beach too, it was a nice way to spend a slow night either with yourself or with friends. 



Too bad Jakarta didn’t have this kind of entertainment, the one that I knew in Jakarta doesn’t have proper maintenance thus tend to get dirty. Thumbs up for Haeundae!

And here we are again! My visit to Haeundae concludes my day 4 in Korea and day 1 in Busan.

It was not the best day ever in my trip to be honest, as one small incident happen along the way. 

When I’m on the way to the temple from my staying place, one tiny bit of dust stuck in my eye from all the strong wind blowing, and it stuck for around good 3 painful hours that I even considering to go to eye doctor there. Spend quite time to search for eyedrops, bought one but still didn’t manage to make it go away with it. 

After several times re-examining my own eye wit a small mirror that I had, I finally found that the dust stuck on the inside of upperside of my eyelid (WTF). Finally managed to get it out with the help of a bobby pin. The dust was soooo tiny but damn hurt a lot, I mean, A LOT as I’m tearing up for those hours nonstop. The most WTF moment in my life I thought I’ll go blind. No joke. So glad I can get it out during the day and after that I feel that it was the greatest feeling ever, having nothing stuck on my eye as usually I take those feeling for granted. Who knew small tiny dust can hurt that bad. Phew.

However aside from that incident, the day goes well along the way. And I can’t wait to tell you my next day trip to the cultural village which is my most favorite moment during my whole 8 days trip to Korea!

Heaven forgive my day 4.

Please click links below to see which day you want to browse! (Will update the link one by one with every new post that I’ve uploaded)

See you on the next posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment