Friday 20 February 2015

Tokyo Nail Expo 2014

I know it’s superrrrr late, but I want to blog a bit about my last year November’s visit to Tokyo Nail Expo in Tokyo Big Sight, Odaiba. Because I thought the next Tokyo Beauty Expo is starting soon, this will be a good chance to share what will it be look like in a beauty event itself. Although this time of event focus is for nails only, I think the flow and the feeling will be more or less the same.

The event hall was only 10 minutes walk froma station called Kokusai Tenjijo.



I went with my classmates in nail school. Before we enter, somewhat we have to buy the ticket around 3000yen/pax, but since we were a student, our teacher have given us and all of the student free entrance to go, so, we can avoid the ticket queue which is quite frustrating long.

Once we enter the site, the crowd can be seen everywhere.




What I can found in this Nail expo is, several things such as nail competition, art exhibition, special event sale (which already well known that in this event, usually all nail equipment such as LED light + colour set, brushes, accessories, stones etc is below usual average price, so expect a very long queue only just to pay), nail art demo, free nail class, new spring style trend introduction, free nail art (usually only 1 finger 1 person per stall) and so on.

This event is basically an annually long awaited nail event in Japan which famous for its advanced nail art, so people from all around the world such as USA, Singapore, Taiwan, and China all came here. And of course almost all the famous nail-related company brands have their own stall here. 

Quite crazy.

This is one of the teachers giving a free nail art demo, and the result is very pretty!!



And this is another crowd watching other nail art demo in another stall.


Usually each stall/brand has its own free nail art demo and it’s schedule, so we can pick which demo we would like to see. Of course, the latest trending nail art style demo will have unbelievable crowd waiting.

Tired of seeing several demos, I decided to shop a bit (even takes around 3 hours only to queue..) and take a look of the nail art sample which were placed everywhere.

OMG all so damn pretty I don’t know how they can make it???? Strolling around, “tsk tsk tsk”-ing samples cause amazed by their skill here. Japanese really take it to another level.




WTF just how did they make it???????


And several nail set introduced for nail competition.



Not to mention predicted spring style and color trend too.


Overall, if the amount of crowds were to be put aside, this event rocks. As a nailist it is heaven. All the colour, utilities, etc it was worth it to save all the money and spend it here.

What I learn from my visit were these things:
  •  Instead of bringing credit cards, bring a lot, lot of cash. Of course several stall can use credit card but most of them are cash only. Even stall that receive credit card, usually only open 1 register specified for credit card, so imagine the queue. I spent most of my time queued for credit card because I don’t have enough cash to pay.
  • Bring compatible food here. Bread, onigiri, milk whatsoever. There will be not enough food stall, not enough seats so literally everything have to be done while walking or standing. Expect all of your body hurts when came home at the end of the day.
  • Bring carry case or baggage, in case you prepared for a big haul. Case with 4 wheels is the most recommended since there will be a lot of people there, carrying 2 wheeled carry case will just make other people angry because you and your baggage takes a lot of space when walking. 
  • Compact phone charger, always. You will be taking pictures like mad, and dear sweety phone battery will be easily dropped. Not to mention if you were separated from you friend too!!
The event itself actually were 2 days, but I can only visit on the first day because of my work the next day, so I was focusing myself on buying things at that time. I didn't see that much nail art demo (cry) which I’m curious about.  And I didn't take much photos too since my hand were too full of my shopping bag. 

In my opinion, it will be just right i u can visit both 2 days in a row. Especially in the final days. All the climax were there; the ultimate nail art technique were introduced, several actress as nail models came out, and super sale for several booth to clear their stock. Too bad I couldn't go at that time.

So now I’m waiting for another expo next spring. Since this is the first nail expo a.k.a a beauty event that I have visited, I’m really curious about how the next event will turn out to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment